Monday, September 17, 2012

MALTODEXTERIN

have I mentioned how horrible this ingredient is ?   Maltodexterin is something that is used as a flavor enhancer, But it is in ALOT of things. earlier this year after two years of wondering what was wrong with my stomach , I finally made the connection with this ingredient.  the problem is, it is in so many things , it makes it hard to eat anything that doesnt just come from the ground. and everytime I figure out what I can eat , I then have something that has it in it and I never kn ew. For example , my favorite Special K Cracker chips, Its in two flavors, but not the others . Almonds, its  in most almonds that have flavor, but not plain old yucky ones. its in Sams cereal. its the first ingredient in SPLENDA , its in sugar free jello, frozen foods  from PF Changs,  and ect , ect, ect .... all I have to have is ONE BITE, and with in 5 minutes I know, and I feel the effects for 24 hours.   its in Crystal light , one flavor does not have it. all the others do. So you see, its not just you stop eating something, cause some things are OK to eat. You have to read EVERY package. I have Alec and Jake who know how bad this thing is for me, check all lables before they buy something for me., ( How great are  they?). 
 Anyway the point of this post ,is to get others to maybe think about it, if you have had major bloating, painful stomach issues that you cant figure out why you have them, maybe you should check the ingredients of what you are eating. I am sure I am not the only one that this effects this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment