Sunday, January 17, 2010

Running

I LOVE IT! Never EVER would I have believed anyone if they had ever told me that I would be running and that I would love it. I would have laughed at them.
I take you back to July of last year when I started the C25K program . ( couch to 5 K) I could barely do the first week which was only 60 seconds of jogging.
I have spent the last 3 Sundays running with a friend, we have done 6 miles each time. Each time gets better and better. 6 miles...
I have an 8k planned for late July, its the Torchlight 8k race. you have to maintain an 11 minute mile or the sweeper van comes and gets you, The Torchlight Parade comes right after that on the same route.
I do not plan to be picked up by the sweeper!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to start the C25K program today! I've been looking for a routine to start off slow running and this is perfect! I have read your blog and noticed you mention your workouts a lot. I was wondering what you did as far as food goes and how you stayed full with 1200 calories.

    ReplyDelete