Sunday, June 12, 2011

Proud Mom and the Graduate!

MY BABY has Graduated!!!

He was my baby for 9 years, and will always be my baby.
Saturday was a wonderful day, I was lucky enough to share this joyous day with family and friends, Jake graduated from Kentwood High School and he is also 1 credits shy of having his AA degree in criminal justice. ( he had been doing running start his last two years of high school) . I am just so proud of him, he is such a wonderful young man, a great son, a good brother, and friend. He makes good choices in his life. Such a wonderful person, I cant even put into words!

I love this picture of us. it is a favorite for sure!!!


I have eaten alot these last couple of days, Scott had a birthday on Friday, and then with graduation and party, lots and lots of cake. I can say that I still made sure I got in my workouts on all those days, even on graduation day. I didnt feel great on those runs that I did, but I did them. your body knows when you fuel it with bad crap over good crap. Take us to today, Sunday. I slept till 10:30 am, ( so needed) and I had some fruit, then I went for a run. I ended up running 6.4 miles, twice running by my street only to keep going. I wanted to burn at least 600 calories, ( I ended up burned 729) so once I passed my street for the second time I knew I would exceed my goal, it was just a matter of making the choice to keep going.

sometimes you just need to make that choice.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Jake! That is a great picture... a keeper, for sure!

    Make it a great day

    ReplyDelete