Monday, January 4, 2010

One year ago


at my heaviest march
"06 "


Almost exactly one year ago, ( Dec 29th to be exact) I started my journey to being healthy. For the first time in my adult life, I was going to not be overweight anymore, I was not going to turn 40 in March 2010, 120 pounds overweight. I made up my mind then to get the weight off, once and for all. I had a goal, to lose 120 pounds in 15 months, ( by my 40th birthday), I could do that, right? :)
I had a plan , I had read Jillian Michaels book Winning By Losing from cover to cover, and I felt like I was kind of armed with the right tools to start this. I was going to put myself first, for the first time in my adult life, I was going to come first, EVERY SINGLE DAY. I was doing this so I could live longer, be a healthier, happier mom, A better employee, a better wife, and for once to be a person that I liked. I wanted to look into the mirror, and love what was looking back at me, I knew that once I looked better on the outside, I would feel better on the inside. I needed that for myself.
Jake and I joined LAFITNESS on Dec 29th 2008, and let me tell you, if I had not had Jake going to the gym with me those first couple of months, I dont know if I would have kept going. I would work all day, come home, eat some dinner, and at 7pm, Jake and I would head out to the gym. Many nights I wanted to not go, But Jake was there , standing in the hallway, ready to go, how could I say no when he was wanting this too? We went 5 times a week, for 51 weeks last year, I went to the gym 5 times a week. The only time I didnt go 5 times was when I had my carpul tunnel surgery the first week in APR. the surgery was on a WED, and I was back at the gym the following monday. ( I figured if I was back at work, I could be back at the gym) . I ALWAYS had the fear ( and honestly, still do) that if I skipped a workout, it would become two workouts, then three... and so on. I knew how easy it would be to not go, and to fall into old habits, and I wasnt going to let that happen.
Reading Jillians Book. Also armed with the info I need for my calories. Jillian said that the ladies on the Biggest Loser were on a 1200 calorie a day diet, ok then, that is what I would be on too.
this was taken new years eve 2008 .


More story to come, this is just the beginning ,.

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh I am standing next to you in that pic and I look the same today pretty much....so sad! I can't wait to eread the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy you were! it was pretty much the only picture I had of myself , and for the longest time, that was my "good Picture"! didnt mean to cut you out or anything, lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I'm very thankful you cut me out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for writing your story! I too joined LA-Fitness and have an awesome trainer who I meet with once a week... the way you explained your first complementary visit with the trainer described me to a T!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog today...I am totally inspired by it. I will be 40 years on in 2 years and I am determined to lose 120 pounds before that time! Awesome story...I strive to follow in your foot steps!

    ReplyDelete